I was astonished to find so very little on the net about one of my favourite authors, so I figured I'd just have to do something myself. Which, unfortunately, is very little at the moment.
What little there is to glean from the short biographical information at the backs of what books of hers I have, and other sources, is as follows:
- Born in Falls Church, Virginia, USA.
- Spent part of her early life in Chile.
- Graduated in 1977 from University of Michigan, where she won the following prizes:
- Phillips Prize for Classical Greek in 1975 and 1977.
- Hopwood Award Major Fiction in 1977 for Hawk of May.
- Masters degree in Classics from Cambridge University.
- At the time of the publication of Kingdom of Summer she was living California.
- At the time of the publication of Horses of Heaven she was living in England with her family.
- She is married to Robin Ball, and they have four children.
- Her interests include travel, classical music, and gardens.
List of Links
- Gillian Bradshaw page
- Mystical Unicorn Books Bibliography (Gillian Bradshaw)
- Brenreyn's Fantasy Book Reviews (Gillian Bradshaw)
- Alchemy Of Fire by (Historical)
- Beacon At Alexandria by (Historical) [1998-01-08]
What if Cleopatra's heir hadn't died?
She wanted no escape from her mind. But they say that she's a liability to the public. She could be dangerous, she could kill. Branded a potential psychotic, Val Thornham's life is going to be turned upside down.
- Dark North by (Historical)
- Elixir Of Youth by (SF)
- Island Of Ghosts by (Historical)
- Render Unto Caesar by (Historical)
A slice from the life of Archemedes.
- Somers Treatment by (SF)
Historical fantastic; Mediaeval politics, faithfulness, and were-wolves.
Hawk Of May
Hawk Of May
An historical Arthur; the story of Gwalchmai, the son of... the sorceress Morgawse (Morgan le Fay).
- Hawk Of May (2) Kingdom Of Summer by (Fantasy)
- Hawk Of May (3) In Winters Shadow by (Fantasy)