KhatGallery (khatgallery) is (yet another) HTML photo album generator. It takes a directory of images, and generates the HTML pages and thumbnails needed.
This includes the khatgallery script (to generate the gallery) and the kg_image_info script (to get information about an image).
I decided to write this because, while there are gazillion gallery scripts out there, none of them do quite what I want, and I wanted to take nice features from different scripts and bring them together.
- Pre-generated (baked, not fried)
- Can recurse down into sub-directories of the top gallery directory.
- Generates only new files by default.
- Can clean out unused files.
- Can force regeneration of HTML or thumbnails.
- Ability to add plugins.
- Meta-data from more than just jpeg files.
- Multi-page albums. That is, directories with lots of images can show only so many images per index page, instead of having to load every single thumbnail.
- Very simple page template, not complicated themes. (Yes, I consider this to be a feature, not a bug)
- Pixel-area thumbnails (rather than conforming to particular width or height, you get higher-quality thumbnails by making them have a given area).
- XHTML compliant.
- Dynamic columns with CSS and HTML, rather than fixed tables.
An example of this in action is the Gallery pages on this site.
The name KhatGallery comes from a slight mangling of "Kat's HTML Gallery"; it's so hard to come up with names that haven't already been used.